First biennial conference on Financial Stability and Regulation
Thu, 05 Apr 2018 –
Fri, 06 Apr 2018
The Bank of Italy and Bocconi University – BAFFI CAREFIN are organizing the first biennial conference on ‘Financial stability and Regulation’. The event will take place on April 5-6, 2018 at the headquarters of the Bank of Italy in Rome.
The conference aims at bring together leading world scholars and policy-makers to discuss topics related to financial stability and regulation, such as the interaction between micro and macroprudential policies, the assessment and calibration of macroprudential policies, the optimal design and the real effects of bank interventions and the modelling techniques for stress tests.
The deadline for the submission of papers is 1 December, 2017.
TOPICS: We welcome theoretical and empirical contributions on topics including, but not limited to:
- coordination of macroprudential and monetary policy
- macro-finance models of linkages between real and financial sector
- interaction between micro and macroprudential policies
- systemic risk measurement
- assessment and calibration of macroprudential policies
- spillovers from bank regulation to the shadow banking system
- interaction between liquidity, capital and bail-inable debt requirements
- optimal design and real effects of bank interventions
- political economy of supervision in a banking union
- modeling techniques for stress tests and their use for policy purposes
- stability challenges from financial innovation and the development of market financing.