The World Dental Congress is a flagship event for FDI. For over 100 years, we have been working on delivering a top-quality scientific programme and the most innovative dental exhibition for the advancement of oral health. I am therefore pleased to invite you to our 2018 World Dental Congress taking place in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
We are honoured to be hosted by our friends and colleagues from the Argentinian Dental Association (Confederación Odontológica de la República Argentina). This will be the second time we bring the congress to the Argentinian capital – 30 years since our last visit – and we look forward to making it once again the absolute meeting point for the oral health profession.
‘A passion for many, a commitment for all’ is the driving theme of the 2018 World Dental Congress. This will most definitely be reflected in the scientific programme, where we expect a remarkable turnout of international and national experts on a wide range of subjects. The dental industry will also bring the latest in technology and practices over the course of our four-day dental exhibition.
The 2018 World Dental Congress is guaranteed to provide you with a unique opportunity to meet with leaders of the oral health profession from around the globe. Events such as our World Oral Health Forum are meant to ignite the conversation on hot topics related to oral health and dentistry and are at the core of the work we do at FDI.
We look forward to seeing you in Buenos Aires next 5-8 September for the 106th edition of our World Dental Congress. Ranked as the number 1 meeting destination in the Americas by the International Congress & Conventions Association, the Argentinian capital offers an exceptional venue and makes for an exciting congress destination.
Buenos Aires itself is a vibrant city – full of leisure activities for all tastes – and an important business meeting point in Latin America. We hope that you will take the time to discover the culture during your visit and wish you an excellent congress.
Dr Kathryn Kell
Abstract Related Important Dates
Abstract Submission Opens
08 December 2017
Abstract Submission Ends
30 March 2018
Abstract Evaluation Results Announcement
15 May 2018
Early Bird Registration Ends
01 June 2018
Accepted and presented abstracts will be published in the International Dental Journal (IDJ), the main scientific publication of FDI World Dental Federation.
1. General Dentistry: Oral Health and Systemic, Health Digital Dentistry, Gerodontology, Special Care Dentistry and Others.
2. Preventive Dentistry: Caries prevention, Prevention and Periodontal diseases, Epidemiology, Interceptive Orthodontics, Public Health, Dental erosion and non-carious lesions
3. Dental Treatment & Restorative Dentistry: Caries, Periodontics, Endodontics, Pedodontics Materials, Esthetics, Prosthodontics and Orthodontics
4. Oral Surgery, Medicine and Cancer: Implantology, Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine Oral Pathology and Oral Immunology.
1. Authors can submit abstracts for oral presentations and posters. However, the final presentation type of the accepted abstract is under the discretion of congress scientific committee.
2. Authors can submit abstracts for original studies or case reports. No literature reviews will be accepted.
3. Authors may submit up to 3 abstracts but present only 1 abstract (for example: 1 abstract as presenting author and 2 abstracts as author)
4. All abstracts must be prepared and presented in English only.
5. Abstract shall not be longer than 250 words.
6. Abstract shall include specific sections (see below Abstract Content / Sections)
7. Abstract title must be less than 10 words and express the researches essence.
8. Name, last name, title, institution, city and contact details of authors shall be stated clearly.
9. Presenting author shall be stated in the system.
10. Abstract body shall not include any indication of the personal details of authors.
11. Abstract body shall not include any tables, charts or graphics.
12. Abstract body shall avoid reference to institution names, locations, or funding sources
13. Abstract body and commercial / trade names
14. Abstracts of the unfinished researches will not be evaluated.
15. The abstract has not been submitted and accepted at another national or international scientific meeting.