According to its statutes, ESCAP pursues the following aims:
1. To promote mental health of children and adolescents in Europe.
2. To increase quality of life among children and families.
3. To ensure children's right for healthy development and wellbeing.
The goals of ESCAP:
1. To foster the European knowledge and skills in child psychiatry.
2. To facilitate and extend the bonds between European countries in mental health issues.
3. To spread the results of research and experiences by publishing reports and organizing scientific conferences and meetings and to collaborate with international organizations with the same or related aims.
The 2019 ESCAP Congress is going to be held in Vienna – from June 30th until July 2nd – under the responsibility of the Austrian ESCAP member: ÖGKJP (ASCAP), the Austrian Society for Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics, and Psychotherapy.