Food security is a global problem. In 2012, one in eight people lived in extreme poverty resulting in 11% of the world population being undernourished. A vast majority of this population lives in rural areas with subsistence agriculture and allied activities as the main source of livelihood. Agricultural transformation is one of the keys to reduce hunger worldwide. NAPA Conference 2018 focuses on securing food, feed, fuel, and fiber (F4) for the ever increasing population through advanced agricultural innovations, best management practices, and environmentally friendly sustainable agricultural production systems with equitable distribution in a world of widening inequalities, increased climate variability, dynamic land-use, and volatile agricultural markets.
· Abstract submission for oral and poster presentations: November 30, 2017
· Abstract acceptance notification: February 1, 2018
· Submission of essays for student writing contest: February 28, 2018
· Registration for sports: March 31, 2018
· Registration for panel discussion: March 31, 2018
· Results of student writing contest: April 8, 2018
· Early conference registration: April 9, 2018. For onsite registration, a 15$ charge will be added for each category of membership.
· Submission of Agri-poem: April 30, 2018
· Hotel registration at NAPA contracted rate: May 10, 2018. Early reservation is encouraged to assure availability of rooms.
· Results of Agri-poem contest: May 27, 2018 (at the conference)
· Abstract(s) for oral and/or poster presentations to Scientific Sub-Committee
· Essays for student writing contest to Students Writing Contest Sub-Committee
· Agri-poem to Agri-poem Sub-Committee
· Team registration for sport event(s) to Sports Sub-Committee
Please submit electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. Write the name of the intended Committee and the purpose of your submission in the Subject line.